Are you not satisfied with the speakers of your newly bought car or in your existing car?
Are you considering a replacement with some new pair of car speakers with superior sound quality and great bass? If yes!
You should go through with this article to buy the best car speakers for bass and sound quality because we came up with a solution to what you are already thinking. We will tell you about the great replacement for your car for the ultimate experience of best sound audio.
Before starting the complete overview, Here’s the list of the best 6×9 car speakers products.
|Speakers Name||Sensitivity||Max Wattage||Frequency||Size|
|Pioneer TS-A6986R||93 dB||125 Watts||35 - 22k Hz||6x9 inch|
|Pioneer TS-A6976R||94 dB||300 Watts||45 - 21k Hz||6x9 inch|
|Rockford Fosgate R169X3||92 dB||150 Watts||30 - 20k Hz||6x9 inch|
|New JBL GTO939||92 dB||200 Watts||50 - 20k Hz||6x9 inch|
|Polk Audio DB691||85 dB||240 Watts||40 - 6k Hz||6x9 inch|
|CT Sounds Meso||92 dB||600 Watts||27 - 37k Hz||6x9 inch|
|BOSS Audio CH6930|
|92 dB||500 Watts||27 - 24k Hz||6x9 inch|
|90 dB||130 Watts||47 - 20k Hz ||6x9 inch|
There are a number of choices out there in the market for the rear deck speakers, but everybody wants to have the best in the market. The best car speakers model for your rear deck behind the seats is the 6×9 component speakers that give you the same super quality sound as the woofers can provide with a good bass. This is the most common and popular size speakers in the market.
They are used to place on the premade enclosure boxes in the rear deck of your car, but what to consider before buying these speakers?
How would you know which brand will give you the satisfaction of your purchase?
We are here with all the answers that are coming in your mind for a good, wise purchase so don’t go anywhere stay on the page we will give you a complete review of Top 10 car speakers for sound quality along with the features and their respective pros and cons.
|Some important things to consider|
There are a few things you need to consider before buying the best 6x9 speakers for your car or any vehicle you are riding.
1. Pioneer TS-A6986R Best 6×9 Car Speakers for Bass and Sound Quality
If you are looking for Pioneer 6×9 speakers with an improved sound quality at an affordable range, so Pioneer TS-A6986R is the best choice. These pioneer 4 way 6×9 speakers come in multiple sizes so you can easily fit them in your vehicle.
I have another great review of Pioneer best 6.5 speakers
For wider dispersion of sound and heavy bass, this series has a new Rigid Multiplayer Mica Matrix cone structure. It also includes a tweeter which delivers an improved range of mid to high frequency and produces higher sound. They are available in 2-way component packages or coaxial design.
- Its off-axis response is very smooth
- It has heat-resistant voice coil wire for heat dissipation
- Its size is 6” x 9” 4-way car speaker
- The design of tweeter is cone shaped
- Its woofers are surrounded by elastic polymer
- Its weight is two pounds
- It handles up to 600 Watts Max power (100 Watts nominal)
- Its frequency response is 27Hz-37kHz
2. Pioneer TS-A6976R Best Budget Car Speakers
As Pioneer’s generation of TS-A series speakers offers improved bass and dynamic range than the previous ones. Pioneer TS-A6976R-A, a 3-way speaker, is also the enhanced version and liked by most people.
It is perfect for all your needs. Its sensitivity is 92Db, and frequency response is 27-24,000 Hertz speakers 6x9. For a refreshing sonic upgrade, you can pair these pioneer 6 x9 speakers with a new car stereo, or these can be powered with an outboard amplifier.
These speakers have improved quality and better performance. In this price range, you can’t get any other product better than this one.
- It handles up to 500 Watts maximum power (90W nominal)
- It is surrounded with la ightweight elastic polymer
- It has the capability to process improved power handling
- It also features new multilayer mica matrix cone design
- It has new fully covered mesh grille design for all of 6” x 9” models
- Its weight is 7.3 pounds
- Its height is 5.5” and width is 11.”
3. Rockford Fosgate R169X3 Good 6x9 Speakers with Incredible Sound
Rockford Fosgate 6x9 full range 3 way speakers rated at 65 Watts RMS for a new generation of factory replacement speakers. Their kit includes integrated mounting hardware and high-pass crossovers. Its prime full-range speakers give the best sound quality; they are just perfect to replace factory speakers.
These speakers have polypropylene cones, and a silk dome pole mounts tweeter and a midrange.
- Its weight is 5 pounds
- The product dimensions are 16.5 x 11.5 x 5 inches.
- A 12V battery is needed
- Its depth is 5 inches
- It has vacuum polypropylene cone
- It is surrounded by rubber
- It has grilles and mounting hardware
- It has a silk dome pole mount piezo tweeter and a midrange
- They are designed to replace factory speakers.
- Its frequency response is 47Hz-20kHz
4. New JBL GTO939 - Good 6x9 Bass Speakers
New JBL 6x9 speakers are outstanding competition 6x9 speakers, having larger cones than others mean they can move more air and produce heavier bass. It has a soft dome tweeter which produces oversized voice coils that help in the dissipation of heat and higher power handling.
It has a dual level tweeter volume adjuster. You can compensate for less than perfect speaker placement and set the volume according to your favorite listening preference. It has low impedance and a dedicated 12Db/octave which is a high-quality crossover component directing the highs & lows to the appropriate speakers for the best sound quality
- The product’s dimensions are 10 x 9 x 10
- Its weight is 4.41 pounds
- They are 2 Ohms 6x9 speakers with low impedance,
- They have a dual level tweeter
- They have larger carbon injected plus one cone
- These speakers come with a warranty of one year.
5. Polk Audio DB691 - Best Sounding 6x9 Speakers
Polk Audio 6 by 9 speakers have 125W RMS . The Speakers are fully protected with silver plastic grill. The speakers have Silk/Polymer Dome tweeter and Mica Cone Woofer. Its multi-layer hybrid provides you with a strong bass response.
These speakers are specially designed for people who like to listen at a high volume. They work very great with a car stereo, but their performance is just amazing when they are powered by an outboard amp. They have multi-layer hybrid fiber woofers which deliver a very strong bass response. Their silk tweeters use a superior ring-dome design to generate smooth highs eliminating all the shrillness. Polk Audio is Waterproof inner and outer surround
- These are 6” x 9” 3-way car speakers
- They have 1” silk dome tweeter
- Features power capacity RMS of 100W
- The product’s dimensions are 8.7 x 3.9 x 7.1 inches
- Its weight is 5 pounds
- They have multi-layered hybrid fiber woofer with rubber surrounded
- Their sensitivity is 93 dB
- The top mount depth is 3/4”
- Universal fit for cars, boats, motorcycles and waterproof 6x9 speakers
- They are full-range speakers having 100W RMS power
6. CT Sounds Meso - Loudest 6x9 Speakers (PAIR)
To create latest 6x9 2 way speakers with Silk Dome Full Range Coaxial Speakers, they developed the industry’s first basalt fiber which is made from natural rock. The aramid and basalt fiber used in the layer is rigid and better absorbent which enhances the stability and maintain integrity throughout a wide temperature range.
It has built-in -3db or +3db /HPF and LPF crossover, which improves the transition from mid to high frequency for a smoother mid-range to tweeter response. Their rear chamber tweeter extends mid-range frequency for vocal staging and imaging.
- They have 240W MAX peak power and 120 Watts RMS capacity
- Mounting depth of Meso 6x9" Coax is 3.4
- They have 1-2/8” soft dome tweeter
- They have a heat-resistant voice coil
- The frequency response is 58Hz
- They have glass fiber cone
- Their sensitivity is 89 Db
- Their weight is 12.65 pounds
7. BOSS Audio CH6930 - Cheap 6x9 Speakers
Boss Audio CH6930 is 6” x 9” series of 3-way car speakers. They can handle peak power of 400 watts per pair means 200 watts each speaker and RMS is 200 watts per pair so each speaker will handle 100 watts. They have Poly Injection, Voice coil - Aluminum and are dual 6x9 speakers. Their plus one cone technology allow more cone area as compared to others speakers in its class.
It has 4-ohm impedance, It provides more output than the other speakers at the very cheap price and very easy to install. The Boss series has a high sensitivity which makes it ideal for replacing a factory installed existing speakers.
- Their weight is 5.4 pounds
- The product dimensions are 9.3 x 6.5 x 4.2 inches
- It doesn’t have wireless remote
- Its depth is 9.3 inches
- They have a super tweeter for added high-frequency performance
- These speakers have high-temperature voice coil that reduces distortion
- It has 4 Ohms impedance
- Its sensitivity is 92dB
- Its frequency response is 50 Hz - 20 kHz
8. Kicker 40CS6934 The Best 6x9 Speakers with Deep Bass
If you are in search of expensive and great sounding set of speakers, so Kicker 6x9 speakers is offering you the same. You will get a perfect quality of sound with amazing mids and highs of these speakers. Kicker has utilized a high-tech cone, heavy-duty voice coils and a ribbed surround, these all features retain a reduced mounting depth. By this, you can easily upgrade them in a vehicle’s door or kick panels.
The best thing about these speakers is Plenty of bass for a 3 way. You will get super and clear loud sound. Each speaker comes with 150W of power and 150W of RMS. Total it becomes 300W that will help you boost music as you need. These 3-way car speakers give you a curvilinear injection, molded polypropylene woofer cone, and an optimized polyfoam ribbed surround radius.
- These speakers have a wide range of 30-20K Hz frequency response
- Their sensitivity is 92Db for an increased input
- They handle 2-150 Watts RMS power
- The speaker size is 6” x 9” and it is a 3-way speaker.
- Its frequency response is 30- 20KHz
Best 6x9 Speakers - Buyer's Guide
Now you are almost done to choose 6x9 speakers from the list above. I recommend you read our Buyer's Guide to know what are the main key features to build or upgrade your car stereo. It will help you to understand the main objective of a speaker.
Let's discuss first some common terminology that is used to build the sound in a speaker.
It gives you a rate of how much power a speaker can take. This is a measurement which is based on two types of power to measure "RMS and Max (or Peak Power)"
In RMS a speakers handle a continuous type of power,
In Peak power, a speaker handle in short bursts. If the speaker specification is 400watts like in the attached picture so it means the speaker can handle the maximum power of 400watts. You can not hook up an amplifier which output rate is above 400watts.
When we look to buy the speakers we mostly compare the RMS power rating which is completely a different thing. For example, a speaker has 40W RMS rating and 60W peak rating so it means speaker will comfortably handle the 40 watts of RMS Power or (continuous power), with short bursts of up to 60W.
The speaker sensitivity is a measurement of sound rating it tells you how much sound a speaker emits from the given power. Basically, the speaker converts the watts into Volume Decibels(dB).
"Speaker A" produces 85dB with 100watts of power but in comparison" Speaker B" only needs half power to produce 88dB. If the rating is higher of dB the minimum power will need to get a better sound from the speaker.
Concluding it, I would just add a few lines to ensure you about all the products.
But first, let me clear a question here that why you should go for Best 6 x 9 speakers?
First I would add these speakers are best for those who want a simple choice. They are easy to install and come in 6” x 9” single, 2-way, 3- way and 4- way. Each of them has different features. Two-way car speakers are also known as coaxial speakers. Usually, they consist of a woofer and a tweeter. The three-way car speakers are also known as tri-axial speakers. These speakers have one extra component with woofer and a tweeter and that is mid-range. Its benefit is that it balances the frequency slope by outputting the frequencies naturally to the human ears.
Buying something for car best 6x9 components speakers are too tough nowadays as there are hundreds of products on the market. The speakers discussed are all pocket-friendly and good valued.
The brands of the product discussed in this article are Kicker, Pioneer, BOSS Audio, CT Sounds Polk Audio, JBL and Rockford Fosgate. These products are chosen from the popular brands which have been the best 6x9 speakers in the world.
If we talk individually about their existence in the market so Kicker has been on the market since 1973. Which is a long period of time until now approximately 44 years. In the same way, Pioneer has been on the market since 1938, Infinity Kappa, Alpine, JBL and Rockford Fosgate are also trusted brands.
After reading this you will no more have to ask anyone about the specifications, features, pros or cons of them. Each and every product is discussed in detail after thorough research.